10 facts that all new moms should know
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
The arrival of a new-born baby is
sure to bring about a lot of happiness and excitement into your life! Showered with
love at celebrations, gatherings and family visits, the little bundle of joy
receives the best welcoming gift of all.
What products are good for babies?
Babies have sensitive skin and
very specific needs to be met. Natural baby skin care products and organic baby
items are absolute baby essentials. A checklist of the best baby products in
Singapore would be helpful, which is why we at Gift Hampers Singapore ensure
that the highest quality items are packed into each of these individual baby
hamper. Our special selection of baby items contain everything that is tailored
to the little one’s needs. We also offer free delivery to all metropolitan
areas in Singapore.
As a new mum, you are the sole
carer of the baby. Ensuring the comfort and safety of your little one is
certainly no easy task and can even be quite a struggle. Rest assured that this
is all perfectly normal, and with practice, you will soon become a super-mum!
Getting a good grasp of well-supported information on how to look after your
baby is essential and can definitely help speed things along. Guides for first
time parents should be memorised and applied in daily life to aid the learning
process. We’ve got 10 baby care tips to share with you.
How to keep your baby healthy and
- Handling your baby with hygiene and care: Sanitise your hands well before being in contact with your baby. A new-born should always be handled with great care, so supporting the neck and making sure not to shake the baby is vital.
- Bonding with your baby: In the first few hours and days after birth, being physically close with your baby and making a connection is important. It affects both their emotional and physical growth. Cradling and stroking your baby accompanied by soothing sounds are great ways to bond.
- Swaddling your baby: Swaddling can be very soothing to the baby, when done properly. Not only does it keep the baby warm, but it can also give new-borns a sense of security and comfort while they sleep.
- Diapering the right way: Keeping the process clean and free from infection mainly depends on the wiping process as well as good cleaning products. Prevention or treatment of diaper rash should also be taken into consideration.
- Bathing tips: For the baby, taking a bath two or three times a week is sufficient as frequent bathing can lead to dry skin. The softest cleaning tools, mild soaps and adequate moisturiser should be used, as in those found in BOUNCING BABY GIRL GIFT HAMPER IN BAMBOO. Price: $139.00
- Caring for the umbilical cord: The cord stump usually changes colour from yellow to brown or black before it falls off. Contact your doctor if there is discolouration or a sign of infection. Don’t submerge the navel area in water until the cord stump falls off and the area is healed.
- Feeding your baby: It may be difficult to find out a workable feeding schedule for your baby. Usually, a new-born baby needs to be fed every 2 to 3 hours. The time and amount for each feed is dependent on your feeding method (breast-feeding or formula). Bibs, wipes and a change of clothes are a must! Check out our ALL SMILES GIFT SET FOR BABY BOY for a great supply of items to keep at hand. Price: $168.00
- Burping your baby: You may need to burp your baby during the feed if they are a little gassy or fussy. There are several ways to do this – holding upright on your shoulder, sitting on your lap or laying your baby face down on your lap and patting gently.
- Managing your baby’s sleeping pattern: New-borns typically sleep for 2 to 4 hours at a time, so a good night of sleep is not exactly part of the package for parents! However, adjusting routines to fit each other is possible.
- Using baby-safe products: Natural, organic products are the way to go! Not only are they chemical free, they are also durable, which can help you save in the long run. You baby will love the organic pillow and gift set as well as other goodies in this CELEBRITY BABY hamper. Price: $160.00