10 Gifts that Grow in Value
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
No matter what the occasion is or where you’re from, gifting someone is always a nice gesture.
It is a universal symbol of generosity and consideration for others. Getting someone a gift means you care for them and want to take the opportunity to show them a thoughtful side of you through the act of giving. On festivals like Christmas, the New Year or Mid-Autumn Festival, gift-giving is popular between friends and family. For special family occasions like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, birthdays and graduations, thoughtful gifts for the people nearest and dearest to you are a must. As for more romantic occasions like Valentine’s Day and anniversaries, gifting your partner shows that you are thinking of them on these important days.
Of course, the ideal situation is that you offer gifts that suit the occasion, are practical and cater to the recipient’s taste / needs. However, if the relationship – be it between family, good friends or partners – means a lot to you, it is well worth considering purchasing a gift that can grow in value as time goes on. Not only is this more meaningful and useful, but it also gives an indication of your sincerity and dedication to building a good relationship with said person. Think of it as purchasing investment gifts for adults. The recipient will appreciate the thought greatly.
How do you measure a gift value and choose the perfect gifts?
You may be wondering: what are the gifts that grow in value? Where do I find them? How should I invest on them? There are surprisingly many categories of gifts that grow in value, gifts we don’t even think about. The fundamental thing about gift-giving is to find the types of gifts that the recipient values most, will love and have a use for. There is no point getting something valuable that the person does not appreciate and will end up casting it aside, ultimately decreasing the gift value. The value of the gift is dependent on how well it is used or looked after over time.
Thankfully, there are a wide variety of gifts that can grow in value. Find here the types of gifts for friends, family and your partner.
Top ten gifts that grow in value
- A course: Not everything that grows in value has to be physical. An interesting course that can spark inspiration and passion in the recipient is well worth the investment.
- A trading account: Perhaps the most obvious one, investment in stocks, bonds or funds can grow in value as the time goes on. Ensuring their financial future is important.
- A watch: Vintage or classic watches that the recipient would like the style of can hold great value.
- Antiques: These are great gifts for collectors and will increase in value over the years. They can appreciate the beauty and history behind these antiques or sell them in future for a good price.
- Art: Paintings, sculptures and other works of art by famous artists are valuable assets to hold onto, especially for people who have an appreciation for artwork.
- Club membership: Joining a club can give the recipient a wonderful sense of belonging and allows them to learn in a happy environment with people who have similar interests.
- Collection gifts: If the recipient is a collector of special cards, stamps or other items back in the day, they will be more than happy to add to that collection.
- Gifts for self-improvement: Be it a book or a DVD, everyone can benefit and change up their lives with some useful self-improvement tips.
- Gym membership: Investing in health will lead to a better self and more opportunities to do things in future.
- Jewellery: A good piece of jewellery with precious stones and metal can grow in value as time passes.