5 Ways to Spend Mid-Autumn Festival with Family
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
Mid-Autumn Festival is well-renowned for its mooncake fest and decorative lanterns, but is that all there is to this family-friendly holiday?
Of course not, we say! There is so much to do during Mid-Autumn Festival, especially if you’re in Singapore. This is the perfect time to unleash the hidden energy and enjoy a fun-packed tradition filled with exciting endeavours. Our experts, at Gift Hampers Singapore, has laid out a couple of Mid-Autumn Festival activities for you to try out.
What are some family/kid-friendly activities to do during Mid-Autumn Festival Singapore 2020?
Let’s start off with some Mid-Autumn Festival traditions!
- Moon appreciation: The moon is an important symbol for this harvest festival. It is at its fullest on Mid-Autumn festival, the 15th day of the eighth month according to the lunar calendar, and it is a symbol of the family reunion and togetherness during this time. Admire the beauty of the moon with family while enjoying the food, and share tales of old with each other, like the story of Chang E, the moon deity and the woodcutter who was doomed to chopping trees upon the moon in solitude.
- Indulge in mooncakes: Mid-Autumn Festival food could not be without the presence of mooncakes! These delicious treats are a fantastic for after dinner and can come in many different styles and flavours. In various Chinese bakeries, shops and hotels, you will find the traditional lotus seed paste with egg yolk mooncakes, as well as the nuts and berries mooncakes, mochi styled mooncakes, ice-cream mooncakes and more!
- DIY lantern at home: This Mid-Autumn Festival, why not come up with your own design for a lantern? Not only can it be really fun to make with family and close friends, it also allows you to get creative and construct a unique lantern that can be used time and time again. Look at photos for reference or take ideas from lanterns you have seen before on the streets that have really caught your eye.
- Decorate your room at home: Mid-Autumn Festival decorations are a delight to clasp your eyes upon! Jovial and bursting with life, the vivid colours and beautiful pictures can create an amazing atmosphere. So, why not bring this joy home? Look up some Mid-Autumn Festival decorations and posters and try to recreate them in your room. It’s both therapeutic and fun.
- Spending time and playing games with family: Nothing is more important on Mid-Autumn Festival than spending good quality time with your family. Whip out some old board games, put on a puppet show or try out guessing games like trivia or charades… you will be in fits of laughter in no time!
What should I choose to gift my family at Mid-Autumn Festival?
The good news is, you don’t need to think of anything super luxurious or fancy when gifting your family; natural and simple will do the trick. On the other hand, you should make sure that they are of the finest quality and have an element of health to them. While mooncakes are certainly a treat, eating them on their own can lead to indigestion. You need to combat that with some of our favourite gourmet hampers, like fruit hampers and wellness hampers.
- Wish your family the very best of health and happiness this Mid-Autumn Festival with a selection of the freshest fruits from DELIGHTFUL FRUIT HAMPER. Choose the size of the fruit basket that will suit your needs. Price: $110.00 – $180.00
r2. This DELUXE FRUIT HAMPER zig zag basket of fruit will bring wellness to your family and aid digestion after a hearty meal together. You can also choose the size of the basket accordingly. Price: $129.00 – $149.00