Best Picnic Spots to Go in Singapore
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
Summer is finally here! What a perfect season to enjoy the outdoors and a glorious picnic with the people you love most. The blue skies, wispy clouds teamed with a beautiful scenery and the sounds of nature is sure to make a perfect date for most.
In Singapore, however, the weather is not all sunshine and rainbows for everyone. The heat, humidity and chances of rain serves as a caution to all those who plan an outing with their nearest and dearest and can prove to be quite discouraging to some. But fear not! We, at Gift Hampers Singapore, has got a few tricks up our sleeves so that you could enjoy a delicious picnic with your loved ones, even if the weather isn’t all that favourable.
Where should you go for picnic at the weekend in Singapore?
Luckily for us, Singapore is home to many amazing picnic spots to enjoy. Our staff at Gift Hampers Singapore can point out a few of the best spots for a picnic.
- The Botanic Gardens: If you’re looking for a place to enjoy a sophisticated picnic and some classical music, lay your blanket down at Palm Valley and Symphony Lake where regular free concerts take place.
- Pasir Ris Park is fantastic for a family gathering as there is so much to do! There is an adventure play area with rope climbing pyramids, a flying fox, swings and a sand area for the little ones. Others can take a stroll down mangrove walk or cycle on the cycling paths. You will also find a horse-riding centre, a maze and a kitchen garden. Indulge in some ice-cream from the ice-cream uncle to cool down after all the fun.
- MacRitchie Reservoir Park: Nature lovers and sporty people will love this park. There is convenient access to amenities such as toilets, drinking fountains and showers. Bring your exercise enthusiast friends here to walk, run, move about, or chat with your girl friends while enjoying the views across the reservoir. If you’ve brought food though, look out for the monkeys!
- East Coast Park: This park / beach is like a mini getaway, perfect for those weekend picnics. Have a romantic picnic in the evening with your other half here. You can sit under the shade of the casuarina trees together or walk along the scenic coastline.
What should you prepare for your picnic?
Here is a quick checklist of things that should always have. You will need:
- an umbrella – for sunshine or for rain
- a picnic blanket – to sit comfortably and enjoy your food
- sunscreen – to protect your skin from getting sunburnt
- insect repellent – to protect yourself from those pesky mosquitos
- …and of course, your picnic basket, filled to the brim with all the goodies you love!
What to bring in your basket on a picnic date
Delectable picnic food is a must! Whether you’re going to one of the parks around Singapore or enjoying an indoor picnic on a particularly stormy day, Gift Hampers Singapore has got you covered! You can order the best gourmet hampers on our website and we offer free hamper delivery to all metropolitan areas in Singapore.
Here are some of our favourite picnic baskets:
- Perfect Surprise ($149.00) is the best combination of goodies to bring to family picnics. You are bound to find something for everyone!
- Want something tasty but also healthy? Bitesize Goodness ($99.00) has got just what you need! Here you will find vegetable crisps, dried fruit and crunchy seeds to snack on at the picnic.
- Crisp or Crunch ($110.00) offers you both savoury crisps and sweet indulgent chocolates and biscuits. The best of both worlds.