Gift Hampers for Chinese New Year Reunion with Family and Relatives
Browse the latest bouquets in our collection below
The most important festival for the Chinese all year round is undoubtedly Chinese New Year. Traditionally seen as the one festival in the entire year where everyone can rest, it is the perfect opportunity for people to spend time with family and relatives.
The Chinese New Year reunion is particularly symbolic. It is during this time where people get to reconnect with their loved ones, bring home gifts, sit down to a meal with everyone and exchange gifts. It is indeed a very warm and exuberant time, and an activity to look forward to. However, culture has it that Chinese New Year holds many superstitions and is an auspicious time. This means the customs come with certain rules to keep in mind. So, if you’re preparing yourself for hosting a Chinese New Year gathering, there are a number of things you have to prepare.
Things to prepare for a Chinese New Year visit
There are a few things to do when you family and relatives are planning to visit you during this festival.
- First of all, spring cleaning is a must. The idea is to get rid of all the bad and old items that you no longer need and to purchase new ones.
- Buying new plants is a great idea to freshen up the environment. It also doubles up as a great indoor decor. Popular Lunar New Year plants include the lucky bamboo, orchids and the money tree. Preparing flower gifts for others while you’re plant-shopping is also a wonderful and considerate gesture.
- Purchasing new clothes for yourself to wear on Chinese New Year is also a tradition.
- Preparing a wide range of Chinese New Year foods to enjoy on the visit is a necessity. Dumplings, fish, noodles and nian gao are all considered lucky foods to eat at this time.
- Whether you’re hosting a Chinese New Year gathering or are attending a Lunar New Year party, having sufficient gifts to give is essential. Be sure to have a list of people ready for gifting before you go on that important shopping trip. However, keep in mind that there are certain Chinese traditions / gifts you should avoid. These include gifting sharp objects like knives or scissors (which is thought to sever relationships) or gifting shoes (a homophone to the Chinese word for evil). Instead, opt for delicacies and delicious treats to share on Chinese New Year. One of the top picks include CNY gift hampers
Favourable Chinese New Year Hampers
Getting your favourite CNY hampers in Singapore cannot be any easier. Simply order from our online catalogue. When using Gift Hampers Singapore’s services, customers can easily customise their own gift to suit the recipient’s taste. We also offer free delivery services to metropolitan areas in Singapore.
Our top picks
- SIMPLICITY (S$99.00): When it comes to gifting, simple is best! Enjoy healthy essence of chicken, ginger biscuits and biscotti with this delightful hamper. Wish someone the very best of health and happiness!
- SPIRITED MOMENTS (S$169.00): A wonderful gift of delicacies along with the choice of tonic wine or Benedictine DOM. Perfect for celebrations and toasting to a joyful and successful new year.
- SPIRITED MOMENTS (ZIG ZAG BASKET) (S$169.00): With essence of chicken, bird’s nest and ginger biscuits, this is a lovely and considerate gift to give the people nearest and dearest to you. There is also a choice of tonic wine or Benedictine DOM to enjoy.